On the same day that “everybody but Emerson” announced they were going to play nice in the SP100 sandbox (Emerson has already said that, several times, over the last few months) ProSoft sent out a press release on HART Wireless:
ProSoft Technology Introduces
Wireless HART Multidrop Communication Gateways
Connect HART smart field instrumentation devices wirelessly with ProSoft Technology’s ProLinx Wireless Gateways
So, this is to let Ron Helson know that the Wireless HART specification better get on the ball. If people will agree to play nice in the SP100 sandbox, they better be willing to play nice with Wireless HART, or ProSoft and the other people who make gateways for a living will make stuff that is proprietary and works just fine.
BAKERSFIELD, Calif., May 2, 2006
ProSoft Technology’s new ProLinx 6000 Wireless HART Gateways use a digital HART to 802.11b interface to bring high-speed connectivity to HART field devices and enable the sharing of data between these devices “over-the-air”. The WA-HART Gateway utilizes the proprietary ProSoft Wireless Protocol (PWP), which allows different industrial networks and protocols to share process and status data with a secure wireless connection. The protocol driver is capable of supporting the HART protocol as a Master on up to 8 channels per gateway, each of which is individually configurable for point-to-point or multi-point applications, providing a great deal of flexibility.
ProSoft Technology’s WA-HART Gateway functions as a client, providing an ultra-fast, secure and reliable wireless solution ideal for users who: need to read flow & process variables from HART devices, need an ‘intrinsically safe’ network, and who would benefit from wireless connectivity.
Wireless HART features include:
• Up to 8 HART channels
• A powerful and secure over-the-air wireless protocol and a wired HART Multidrop interface port
• Simple set-up using ProSoft Configuration Builder module interface software
• Asynchronous data transfer between dissimilar protocols (using PWP wireless data exchange)
• Stand-alone, DIN-rail mounted, and aluminum-cased
• Radio Network support up to 13 channels, 2.4 GHz ISM band, Direct Sequence Spread (DSSS), proprietary PWP protocol plus WEP 64/128 encryption with key rollover management using 4 WEP keys.
• Utilizes a full function 802.11b wireless network card
For Extended Distances:
All ProLinx Wireless Gateways can be used in conjunction with the RLX-500, a bi-directional Amplifier, which extends wireless distance up to 20 miles. Other ProSoft Technology RadioLinx accessories include: antennas, cables and adapters.
Additional Products for the Oil & Gas Industry:
• In-chassis flow computers for Allen-Bradley or Schneider Electric
• Modbus (Master/Slave, Plus, and TCP/IP) in-rack modules and gateway
• RadioLinx 2.4 GHz Frequency Hopping or Industrial Hotspot modems
Wireless HART Multidrop Applications
The Wireless ProLinx module offers one-to-one or one-to-many HART Multidrop interconnect scenarios. It provides the “backbone” communication for various field devices using different networks including the following combination of applications:
• Wireless extension of HART networks
• Connection to multiple HART wireless remote device networks
• Communication between multiple and separate networks
• Connection between multiple wireless remote device networks to SCADA or any central system
• UL, UL/C, CE, and ATEX