DAVID W. SPITZER, P.E.CONTACT
After receiving his MSEE in optimal control, David obtained over 40 years of experience in many facets of instrumentation, process control, electrical, and utility engineering, including conceptualization, estimating, design, construction, startup, operation, troubleshooting, and teaching. David is a registered Professional Engineer and also served on the board of directors of Weed Instrument. He has worked for United States Steel, Mobay Chemical, and Nepera Chemical, and has consulted for numerous other companies worldwide. David has been on the editorial advisory boards of Intech, Intech Brasil, Flow Control magazines, and on various ASME committees for the measurement of fluid flow.
David is the author of several textbooks used in the industry and has taught numerous training seminars for over 35 years.
Some of David’s books include:
- Industrial Flow Measurement – 3rd Edition, ISA, 2004
- Variable Speed Drives: Principles and Applications for Energy Cost Savings – 4th Edition, Momentum Press, 2013
- Flow Measurement – 2nd Edition, ISA, 2001 (editor)
- Consumer Guides for Flowmeters and Level Gauges
He has also received many industry awards, including:
- Instrumentation Systems and Automation Society 2002 UOP Technology Award “in recognition of contributions to the development and education of flow measurement technology in the chemical process industries.”
- Instrument Society of America Fairfield County Section Technical Achievement Award 1995
- CONTROL Magazine Chemical Industry 1993 Engineer of the Year “recognizing exemplary individuals who typify excellence in the field of instrumentation and control who have performed above and beyond the call of duty.”
- Instrument Society of America 1992 Douglas H. Annin Award “recognizing creative and novel approaches to the application of flowmeters.”
- Instrument Society of America Process Measurement and Control Division ISA/84 Best Paper Award
Walt Boyes has more than 25 years of experience in sales, sales management, marketing, product development, and publishing in the controls and instrumentation industry both for process instruments and environmental controls. His experience includes Executive Committee service in three companies. Walt is currently Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of CONTROL magazine.
Walt has provided strategic planning, organizational development, business reorganization and electronic business re-engineering services from companies from roughly $5 million to $100 million in revenues per year. Walt has served both the profit and not-for-profit sectors.
Walt shares an R&D100 Award with four other team members, and was Senior Contributing Editor for Industrial Marketing Practitioner and Flow Control magazines. He was the General Editor ofThe Instrumentation Reference Book (3rd Edition), and co-authored eBusiness in Manufacturingwith Shari Worthington. He is a multiple chapter author for the Instrumentation Engineer’s Handbook, 4th Edition, and a chapter editor for the Marks Mechanical Engineer’s Handbook, 11th Edition. He serves as President and Executive Director of the CorgiAid Foundation, and is a former officer of ISA, the Instrumentation, Systems and Automation Society.